Background

Sunday, January 3, 2016

A New Year and Committing to Become a Better Me!!

2016.... Another year has begun and I can't help but stop and think about a few new years resolutions I want to make this year.

1st is Getting into shape. This is on my list every year but I really do want to live a healthy lifestyle so I can be the best wife and mother I can be. Does this mean that I won't have that piece of cake from my child's birthday party that took me 10 hours to make, or my favorite banzai burger from Red Robin or that handful of chocolate chips I steal out of the bag at least once a day when I go into the cupboard.... Nope not happening..... I am going to make better and conscious food choices and definitely get my butt in gear and get back into a workout routine but it is also important for me to indulge in those sweet things that I love so much. I find every time I limit myself from these things I end up binge eating and binging hard lol!! I just want to feel good in my own skin and never want my weight to  hold me back from doing anything.

2nd is being the best mom I can be. All of you that know me know that I have two very rambunctious boys. Some days I feel as if I may end up in the loony bin and that bedtime cannot come soon enough. I need to do better at keeping them engaged and helping them turn all that energy into something positive. I think as mom's sometimes we get into a funk or what I like to call "survival mode" where I feel like I am on auto pilot just coasting through the day. Some days are good and some days I feel like locking myself in my room with Lexie and giving myself a timeout.  I love my kids but they want to do a new activity every 5 minutes.... I think it is important to play with your children but I also think it is important to let them play on there own. Kids can't be over stimulated and you both need your down time. I am still in awe that Dex will be 6 in February and that he will be in school full-time next year. Time goes by way too fast and I want my kids to know even though they exhaust me, frustrate me and know how to push all my buttons that I love them more than anything in this world. Who cares if the dishes sit in the sink til 8pm and the house looks like a bomb went off. I just really need to work on letting go and have fun making memories with them.

3rd is taking time for myself to develop some of my own talents. I really want to take some cooking classes and become a better cook. I feel like I cook the same 25 dishes and really want to mix things up a bit. You tube is a great resource but I really want to get to a point where I can create my own recipes and be more confident in the kitchen.

4th my last goal, is to limit the amount of social media in my life. This comment is not intended for anyone specific but I absolutely hate socializing, EVERYONE IS ALWAYS ON THEIR PHONES. I mean I am guilty of this too but it is really starting to bother me. We don't communicate with each other anymore. I am constantly looking on facebook, instagram, etc to see how many people have liked my picture or commented on what  I just posted. I have become so obsessed with everyone else's lives and what they are doing and neglect my own. Don't get me wrong I LOVE being able to communicate with my family and friend through social media. I just want to limit the amount of time that I am on it. I am also guilty of wasting hours of my time on pinterest. I have actually started making a lot of the recipes I have pinned or the crafts I want to make and bought the supplies just so I don't feel guilty for being on it all the time lol!! And it is a great resource.

Really all I want for 2016 is to enjoy my life and the people in it! I have an amazing husband, 3 beautiful children and great family and friends. There are times when I get incredibly homesick and I wish and pray that we could move to Southern Alberta. I don't know why I think if we move there my life will suddenly have no problems and everything will just be perfect.... Like that's a real thing lol!! But I am going to stop looking at the bad and embrace the good this year. I know that if I put myself out there more and nurture the relationships I already have that I will be much happier!!


Bring it on 2016!! 


1 comment:

  1. Those are great goals! I'm gonna borrow those for my own list! Especially your last paragraph about embracing where you live. I ached for Southern Alberta during my first year or two or three in Edmonton, but as soon as I let that go, with the Lords help, my life got infinitely better. I embraced my life and people there and I couldn't believe how much I could grow, and change, and I've never looked back. I wish you all the best for 2016! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete