Background

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Mother's Day

Well this year it was my 4th Mother's Day and it was a great one!! Dexter brought me a Danish in bed and wished me a Happy Birthday to start off the day!! He really doesn't understand the whole Mother's Day thing yet!! We had 9 o'clock church so I didn't get to sleep in til noon which would have been my one wish but Nick let me sleep in a little bit and we may have missed sacrament meeting... What can ya do. After church we headed out to Nick's moms to wish her a Happy Mother's Day and we got to Skype Tay on his mission. It was so nice to see him!  We miss him like crazy. On our way back home my kids gave me the best Mother's Day gift. They both fell alseep in the car and slept the entire night. It was amazing lol!! Sometimes bedtime can take awhile in this house.... So I ended the night snuggling Nick on the couch and catching up on all my tv shows!! So it was a great Mother's Day!! Oh and he surprised me with a new iphone!!

Every mother's day I can't help but think of how grateful I am to be a mother. As crazy as my two little munchkins are I wouldn't trade them for anything. Yes there are some days when I wonder how they are still breathing and then I realize why God made them so stinking cute but being a Mother truly is the most amazing gift. All the late nights, early mornings and daily arguments are all worth it. My life is crazy and 99% of the time I feel like I am doing everything wrong but somehow I make it through...





I think a big part of that reason is because I have the best mom in the entire world and I'm just not saying that. I really do have the best mom. She is the most selfless person I know. I have always had a close relationship with my mom but since I have become a mom I now realize how much she really has and does sacrifice for all of us. Being a mom is probably the hardest job ever. You are never off the clock and if you are ever away from your kids you are still thinking about them 24/7. I just want to thank my mom for everything  she does for me and my family. My boys adore her and so do I. I aspire to be as good of a mother as she is but she has set the bar pretty high. I love you mom!!


No comments:

Post a Comment